Hamsters are usually described as fast, squirmy, and escape artists, but some hamsters just sit there and let you pet them. I only know of two calmer hamsters. The first one is a hamster named Stinky who could be put on the ground and not run away. The second is Rocky who if you sit him on your lap either sits there or crawls back into his cage.
1. Trap your hamster in the room you think he is in, stuff towels under doorways or any other escape routes
2. Place your hamster's cage on the floor open with fresh food water and a treat.
3. Put a certain amount of treats ( 1 corn, 1 sunflower seed, ect.) in the corner of the room
4. Hamster proof the room, remove any electrical things, toxic things, and block things your hamster could get under.
5. If you fin your hamster be calm and slowly reach for him
6. Make a hamster trap, take a bow and use books as steps into the box, fill it with bedding, food, and water.
7. Dust flour over the room to track your hamster.